Human Resource Management
Marginal note:Treasury Board’s powers
20.1 In addition to its powers under section 11.1 of the Financial Administration Act, the Treasury Board may determine categories of members in the exercise of its human resources management responsibilities under paragraph 7(1)(e) of that Act.
- 2013, c. 18, s. 12.
Regulations and Rules
21. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) respecting the administrative discharge of members;
(b) for the organization, training, conduct, performance of duties, discipline, efficiency, administration or good government of the Force; and
(c) generally, for carrying the purposes and provisions of this Act into effect.
(2) Subject to this Act and the regulations, the Commissioner may make rules
(a) respecting the administrative discharge of members; and
(b) for the organization, training, conduct, performance of duties, discipline, efficiency, administration or good government of the Force.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 21;
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 12.
Pay and Allowances
Marginal note:Pay and allowances
22. (1) The Treasury Board shall establish the pay and allowances to be paid to members.
Marginal note:Reduction in pay where demotion
(1.1) Where, pursuant to this Act, a member is demoted, the rate of pay of that member shall be reduced to the highest rate of pay for the rank or level to which the member is demoted that does not exceed the member’s rate of pay at the time of the demotion.
Marginal note:During imprisonment
(2) No pay or allowances shall be paid to any member in respect of any period during which the member is serving a sentence of imprisonment.
Marginal note:During suspension
(3) The Treasury Board may make regulations respecting the stoppage of pay and allowances of members who are suspended from duty.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 22;
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 13.
Benefit Trust Fund
Marginal note:Fees, gifts, etc., payable to Fund
23. (1) All
(a) fees, costs, remuneration or commissions, other than pay and allowances under section 22, and
(b) gifts, awards and bequests, if money or converted into money, other than gifts or rewards under subsection (3),
earned by or awarded, paid or granted to any member in connection with the performance of the member’s duties in the Force shall be paid to the Benefit Trust Fund maintained by the Force, unless the Minister directs otherwise.
Marginal note:Pay, forfeitures payable to Fund
(2) Notwithstanding any other Act, all pay forfeited under this Act and the proceeds of all forfeitures and seizures awarded or adjudged to any member in connection with the performance of the member’s duties in the Force shall be paid to the Benefit Trust Fund maintained by the Force.
Marginal note:Purpose of Benefit Trust Fund
(3) The money paid to the Benefit Trust Fund pursuant to this section shall be used
(a) for the benefit of members and former members and their dependants;
(b) as a reward, grant or compensation to any person who assists the Force in the performance of its duties in any case where the Minister is of the opinion that the person is deserving of recognition for the service rendered;
(c) as a reward to any person appointed or employed under the authority of this Act for good conduct or meritorious service; and
(d) for such other objects for the benefit of the Force as the Minister may direct.
(4) The Governor in Council may make regulations governing the management and disposition by loan, grant or otherwise of any money paid to the Benefit Trust Fund pursuant to this section.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 23;
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 14.
- Date modified: