Marginal note:Application of Act
3. This Act does not apply to or in respect of any person to whom Part VI of the former Act applied at any time before the 1st day of April 1960, or any person who served in the Force at any time on or after that day as a contributor under Part I of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act.
- 1959, c. 34, s. 33.
4. The Governor in Council may by regulation provide for payment out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund, in the event of the death of a member or former member of the Force, upon application to the Minister by or on behalf of any successor thereunder to whom any pension or allowance becomes payable under this Act, of the whole or any part of such portion of any estate, legacy, succession or inheritance duties or taxes that are payable by the successor as is determined in accordance with the regulations to be attributable to that pension or allowance, and prescribe the amounts by which and the manner in which any such pension or allowance shall be reduced.
- 1956, c. 45, s. 1;
- 1959, c. 34, s. 35.
Marginal note:Compensation for disability
5. (1) Where a person has, either before or after the 1st day of April 1960 suffered a disability as a result of any injury or disease or aggravation thereof that arose out of, or was directly connected with, his service in the Force, he may be granted compensation, including medical and hospital expenses, at such rates and in such manner as the Governor in Council may prescribe.
Marginal note:Compensation to survivor or children
(2) When a person described in subsection (1) dies before he is granted compensation under that subsection, his survivor or, if there is no survivor, his children may be granted the compensation in respect of the period preceding his death that he was disabled, including medical and hospital expenses, that the Treasury Board may prescribe.
Marginal note:Government Employees Compensation Act
(3) The provisions of the Government Employees Compensation Act do not apply to members of the Force.
- R.S., 1970, c. R-10, s. 5;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 217.
Marginal note:Expense payable out of C.R.F.
6. All sums of money required or authorized to be paid by or under the authority of this Act, and for payment of which no other provision is made, shall be paid out of any unappropriated moneys in the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
- R.S., 1952, c. 241, s. 26.
Marginal note:Approval of Governor in Council
7. (1) Notwithstanding anything in this Act, any pension, gratuity or allowance provided for by Part I, II or III shall be granted only with the approval of the Governor in Council and upon the further condition, in the case of a member of the Force, that it be granted only in consideration of good and faithful service during the period in respect of which it is calculated.
(2) Where a member of the Force is retired by reason of misconduct, the fact of such retirement and the circumstances thereof shall be reported to the Pension Board established pursuant to section 21 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act, and if the Board, after investigation of the circumstances surrounding any retirement reported to it under this subsection, reports to the Minister that it is in the public interest by reason of good and faithful service rendered by the member of the Force before the time of the misconduct to grant a pension, the Minister may recommend accordingly to the Treasury Board and the Governor in Council may, on the report of the Treasury Board in such case, grant a pension equal to the whole or any part specified by the Treasury Board of any pension that might have been granted to him if he had been retired in consequence of permanent infirmity of body or mind.
- R.S., 1952, c. 241, s. 27;
- 1953-54, c. 43, s. 3;
- 1959, c. 34, s. 37.
- Date modified: