Marginal note:Additional fine
78. When an offender has been convicted of an offence under this Act, the court may order the offender to pay, in addition to any fine that may otherwise be imposed under this Act, a fine equal to three times the court’s estimation of any monetary benefits that the court is satisfied the offender gained as a result of the commission of the offence.
Marginal note:Publication of information about contraventions
79. (1) The Minister may publish information about any contravention of this Act or the regulations, including a contravention designated as a violation under the Agriculture and Agri-Food Administrative Monetary Penalties Act, for the purpose of encouraging voluntary compliance with this Act and the regulations.
Marginal note:Publication of personal information
(2) The information published under subsection (1) may include personal information as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act.
REPORT TO PARLIAMENT
Marginal note:Annual report
80. (1) The Minister shall, as soon as possible after the end of each fiscal year, prepare and cause to be laid before each House of Parliament a report on the administration and enforcement of this Act for that year.
(2) The Minister shall include in the annual report, for the fiscal year covered by the report,
(a) a status report respecting registrations, including the registration of pest control products that pose lower risks, re-evaluations and special reviews under this Act or the Pest Control Products Act, chapter P-9 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985; and
(b) a report on significant scientific developments relating to the evaluation of the health and environmental risks and the value of pest control products and the integration of those developments into decision-making under this Act.
Marginal note:Permanent review of Act
80.1 (1) The administration of this Act shall, every 7 years after the day on which section 1 comes into force, stand referred to such committee of the House of Commons, of the Senate or of both Houses of Parliament as may be designated or established for that purpose.
Marginal note:Review and report
(2) The committee designated or established for the purposes of subsection (1) shall, as soon as practicable, undertake a comprehensive review of the provisions and operation of this Act and shall, within one year after the review is undertaken or within such further time as the House of Commons, the Senate or both Houses of Parliament, as the case may be, may authorize, submit a report thereon, including a statement of any changes to this Act or its administration that the committee would recommend.
Marginal note:Applications under repealed Act
81. (1) This Act and the regulations apply to an application for the registration of a pest control product or for an amendment to its registration made under the Pest Control Products Act, chapter P-9 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985, before the day on which section 1 comes into force if no decision to grant or deny the application has been made in respect of that application on or before that day. In any case, paragraph 28(1)(a) and subsection 35(1) do not apply to applications made before April 1, 1995.
Marginal note:Pest control products registered under repealed Act
(2) This Act and the regulations apply to all registrations under the Pest Control Products Act, chapter P-9 of the Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985, that are in effect on the day on which section 1 comes into force, except that paragraphs 42(2)(c) to (f) apply only to registrations in respect of which the public has been consulted under this Act in accordance with paragraph 28(1)(a) or (b).
- Date modified: