Marginal note:Amendment, suspension or cancellation
34. (1) The Minister may amend, suspend or cancel an authorization to export a pest control product if the Minister
(a) has reasonable grounds to believe that a prescribed requirement of the authorization is not or will not be met;
(b) has reasonable grounds to believe that the conditions to which the authorization is subject have not been or will not be met; or
(c) becomes aware of additional information about the health or environmental risks of the pest control product.
(2) Before amending or cancelling an authorization or after suspending one, the Minister shall give the authorized person a reasonable opportunity to make representations.
(3) After considering any representations that may be made by the authorized person, the Minister shall reinstate, amend or cancel the authorization.
Marginal note:Public notice
(4) The Minister shall give public notice of the amendment or cancellation of an authorization.
RECONSIDERATION OF DECISIONS
Marginal note:Notice of objection to registration decisions
35. (1) Any person may file with the Minister, in the form and manner directed by the Minister, a notice of objection to a decision referred to in paragraph 28(1)(a) or (b) within 60 days after the decision statement referred to in subsection 28(5) is made public.
Marginal note:Notice of objection to authorization decisions
(2) Any person may file with the Minister, in the form and manner directed by the Minister, a notice of objection to a decision to authorize the export of a pest control product or to amend or cancel an authorization within 60 days after a notice referred to in subsection 33(6) or 34(4) is made public.
Marginal note:Establishment of review panel
(3) After receiving a notice of objection, the Minister may, in accordance with the regulations, if any, establish a panel of one or more persons to review the decision and to recommend whether the decision should be confirmed, reversed or varied.
Marginal note:Notice of review panel
(4) The Minister shall give public notice of the establishment of a review panel.
Marginal note:Reasons to be provided if panel not established
(5) If the Minister does not establish a panel, the Minister shall provide written reasons without delay to the person who filed the notice of objection.
Marginal note:Terms of reference and procedure
(6) The Minister may determine the terms of reference of a review panel and the procedure for the review, and may at any time change them.
(7) A review panel shall give any person a reasonable opportunity to make representations in respect of the decision under review, in accordance with the terms of reference.
Marginal note:Public access
(8) Subject to subsections 44(3) and (6), the hearings of a review panel shall be open to the public.
Marginal note:Information to be placed in Register
(9) A review panel shall give the information submitted to it to the Minister, who shall place it in the Register.
- Date modified: