Marginal note:Implementation of international agreement
27. The Governor in Council may, by order, cancel or amend the registration of a pest control product or a class of pest control products if the Governor in Council considers it necessary to do so to implement an international agreement.
Marginal note:Minister to consult
28. (1) The Minister shall consult the public and federal and provincial government departments and agencies whose interests and concerns are affected by the federal regulatory system before making a decision
(a) to grant or deny an application
(i) to register a pest control product that is or contains an unregistered active ingredient, or
(ii) to register, or amend the registration of, a pest control product if the Minister considers that registration or amendment of the registration may result in significantly increased health or environmental risks;
(b) about the registration of a pest control product on completion of a re-evaluation or special review; or
(c) about any other matter if the Minister considers it in the public interest to do so.
Marginal note:Public notice
(2) To initiate a consultation under subsection (1), the Minister shall make public a consultation statement and shall invite any person to send written comments on the proposed decision within the period specified in the statement.
Marginal note:Consultation statement
(3) The consultation statement shall include
(a) a summary of any reports of the evaluation of the health and environmental risks and the value of the pest control product prepared or considered by the Minister;
(b) the proposed decision and the reasons for it; and
(c) any other information that the Minister considers necessary in the public interest.
Marginal note:Consideration of comments
(4) The Minister shall consider any comments received pursuant to subsection (2) before making a decision.
Marginal note:Decision statement
(5) After making a decision, the Minister shall make public a decision statement that shall include the decision, the reasons for it and a summary of any comments that the Minister received on the proposed decision.
Marginal note:Confidential test data
(6) A consultation statement referred to in subsection (2) and a decision statement referred to in subsection (5) shall contain any confidential test data that the Minister considers to be in the public interest.
Marginal note:Failure to report information
29. (1) Every person who does not comply with section 13 is guilty of an offence.
Marginal note:Non-compliance with requirement
(2) A registrant who does not comply with a requirement in a notice referred to in subsection 16(3) or 18(1), paragraph 19(1)(a) or subsection 22(2) is guilty of an offence.
- Date modified: