Marginal note:Valuation and assets reports
59. (1) A valuation report and an assets report on the state of the Public Service Death Benefit Account shall be prepared, filed with the Minister and laid before Parliament in accordance with the Public Pensions Reporting Act and as if the supplementary death benefit plan established by this Part were a pension plan established under an Act referred to in subsection 3(1) of that Act.
Marginal note:Review dates
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), the review date as of which an actuarial review of the Public Service Death Benefit Account must be conducted for the purposes of the first valuation report is December 31 in the year that is four years after the day on which this subsection comes into force and, thereafter, the review dates must not be more than three years apart.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-36, s. 59;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 28.
Marginal note:Annual report
60. The Minister shall lay before Parliament each year a report on the administration of this Part during the preceding fiscal year, including a statement showing the amounts that during such year were credited to or charged against the Public Service Death Benefit Account.
- R.S., c. P-36, s. 49.
61. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations for carrying the purposes and provisions of this Part into effect and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, may make regulations
(a) prescribing the times as of which the reductions referred to in the definition “basic benefit” in subsection 47(1) shall be made;
(b) excluding any Crown corporation or public board from the operation of this Part;
(c) prescribing the manner and time of payment of contributions;
(d) prescribing the contributions to be made by elective participants and participants who are absent from duty and prescribing the conditions on which participants who are absent from duty may continue to be participants;
(e) respecting the manner and time of making elections under this Part;
(f) prescribing the manner and time of naming, changing or revoking beneficiaries under this Part;
(g) authorizing a contributor or a participant to name his estate as his beneficiary and prescribing classes of persons and organizations from which beneficiaries may be named for the purposes of this Part;
(h) authorizing payment, with the approval of the Minister, out of any benefit payable to the spouse, beneficiary or estate or succession of a deceased participant, of reasonable expenses incurred for the maintenance, medical care or burial of the participant;
(i) respecting the rates at which interest is to be credited to the Public Service Death Benefit Account under paragraph 56(1)(d), the manner in which it shall be calculated and the times at which it shall be credited to the Account;
(j) prescribing, for the purposes of the definition “salary” in subsection 47(1), the day on which a retroactive increase in pay shall be deemed to have commenced to have been received by a participant;
(k) prescribing the amount, time and manner of payments to be made by Crown corporations and public boards in respect of participants who are employed by those corporations or boards; and
(l) prescribing forms for the purposes of this Part.
Marginal note:Application of Part I
(2) Section 32, except subsection (1) thereof, section 33 and paragraphs 42(1)(o), (u), (w), (z), (aa), (bb), (ee) and (ff) apply to this Part with such modifications as the circumstances require.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-36, s. 61;
- 1992, c. 46, s. 29;
- 1999, c. 34, s. 106(E).
- Date modified: