Marginal note:Resumption of employment
41.1 (1) At the end of a leave of absence from employment that is taken by an employee who is a member of the reserve force in order to take part in an operation or activity referred to in paragraphs 247.5(1)(a) to (f) of the Canada Labour Code, the deputy head shall reinstate the employee in the position that the employee occupied on the day before the day on which the leave begins.
Marginal note:Workforce adjustment
(2) Despite subsection (1), if a deputy head is not able to reinstate the employee in that position by reason of a workforce adjustment, the workforce adjustment measures that are established by the employer or the measures that are set out in agreements relating to workforce adjustment apply.
- 2008, c. 15, s. 6.
Marginal note:Failure to appoint person on leave
42. A person who is entitled under subsection 41(1) to be appointed to a position and who is not so appointed in the applicable period provided for in that subsection ceases to be an employee at the end of that period.
Marginal note:Non-application of priority provisions
43. Notwithstanding sections 40 and 41 and any regulations made under paragraph 22(2)(a), if the Commission considers that the appointment of a person who has a right to be appointed in priority to other persons under any of those provisions will result in another person having a priority right, the Commission may decide not to apply that provision in that case.
Marginal note:Participation in advertised process — lay-offs
44. A person who is laid off under subsection 64(1) is entitled, during any period that the Commission determines for any case or class of cases, to participate in any advertised appointment process for which the person would have been eligible had the person not been laid off.
Marginal note:Non-application to term employees
45. Section 40, subsection 41(4) and section 44 do not apply to a person whose employment was for a specified term at the time they were informed that they would be laid off.
Marginal note:Deemed lay-off
46. For the purposes of subsection 41(4) and section 44, a person who, while employed in the public service, does not accept an offer of employment made in the circumstances referred to in paragraph 12(1)(f) of the Financial Administration Act that is a reasonable job offer within the meaning of an agreement respecting work force adjustment or who accepts an offer of employment, made in such circumstances, that is not a reasonable job offer within the meaning of such an agreement, is deemed to be laid off.
Informal Discussion and Appointment
Marginal note:Informal discussion with employee
47. Where a person is informed by the Commission, at any stage of an internal appointment process, that the person has been eliminated from consideration for appointment, the Commission may, at that person’s request, informally discuss its decision with that person.
- Date modified: