Marginal note:Imprisonment precluded
19. Notwithstanding subsection 787(2) of the Criminal Code, a term of imprisonment may not be imposed in default of payment of a fine that is imposed on a person as punishment in respect of an offence under sections 14 to 17.
Marginal note:Recovery of fines
20. (1) Any fine imposed on a bargaining agent or a representative or officer of a bargaining agent under section 15 or 16 constitutes a debt payable to Her Majesty in right of Canada and may, without prejudice to any other recourse available to Her Majesty with respect to the recovery thereof, be recovered by Her Majesty by a deduction of the amount of the fine or any portion thereof from the amount of the membership dues that the employer of the employees represented by the bargaining agent is or may be required, pursuant to any collective agreement that is or may be entered into between the employer and the bargaining agent, to deduct from the pay of the employees and to remit to the bargaining agent.
Marginal note:Amount of deduction to Consolidated Revenue Fund
(2) For greater certainty, all amounts deducted from membership dues under subsection (1) shall be deposited to the credit of the Receiver General and form part of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
21. The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Treasury Board, by order,
(a) amend Schedule I by adding thereto the name of any department or ministry of state of the Government of Canada or any other portion of the public service of Canada; or
(b) amend Schedule II by adding thereto the name of any agency, board or commission or any Crown corporation within the meaning of Part X of the Financial Administration Act.
22. The Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Treasury Board, by order, terminate the application of this Act in respect of any employee or group of employees to which this Act applies.
23. and 24. [Amendments]
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Coming into force
25. This Act shall come into force on the day immediately after the day on which this Act is assented to, but not before the twelfth hour after the time at which it is assented to.
- Date modified: