Assented to 2012-03-15
An Act to provide for the continuation and resumption of air service operations
Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:
Marginal note:Short title
2. (1) The following definitions apply in this Act.
« employeur »
“employer” means Air Canada.
« ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Labour.
Marginal note:Words and expressions
(2) Unless otherwise provided, words and expressions used in this Act have the same meaning as in Part I of the Canada Labour Code.
PART 1TECHNICAL, MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT EMPLOYEES
3. The following definitions apply in this Part.
« arbitre »
“arbitrator” means the arbitrator appointed under section 11.
« convention collective »
“collective agreement” means the collective agreement between the employer and the union that expired on March 31, 2011.
« employé »
“employee” means a person who is employed by the employer and bound by the collective agreement.
« syndicat »
“union” means the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
Air Service Operations
Marginal note:Suspension of right to declare strike or lockout
4. If, before the coming into force of this Act, the employer has not declared or caused a lockout and the union has not declared or authorized a strike, on the coming into force of this Act the employer’s right to declare or cause a lockout and the union’s right to declare or authorize a strike are suspended until the day on which the collective agreement, as extended by subsection 9(1), expires.
Marginal note:Application of sections 6 to 8
5. Sections 6 to 8 apply if, before the coming into force of this Act, the employer has declared or caused a lockout or the union has declared or authorized a strike.
- Date modified: