Marginal note:Contents of report
68. The Commissioner may disclose in any report made under subsection 65(3) or section 66 or 67 such matters as in his opinion ought to be disclosed in order to establish the grounds for any conclusions and recommendations contained therein, but in so doing shall take every reasonable precaution to avoid disclosing any matter the disclosure of which would or might be prejudicial to the defence or security of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada.
Marginal note:Transmission of report
69. (1) Every report to Parliament made by the Commissioner under subsection 65(3) or section 66 or 67 shall be made by being transmitted to the Speaker of the Senate and to the Speaker of the House of Commons for tabling respectively in those Houses.
Marginal note:Reference to parliamentary committee
(2) Every report referred to in subsection (1) shall, after it is transmitted for tabling pursuant to that subsection, be referred to the committee designated or established by Parliament for the purpose of section 88.
Marginal note:Delegation by Commissioner
70. The Commissioner may authorize any person to exercise or perform, subject to such restrictions or limitations as the Commissioner may specify, any of the powers, duties or functions of the Commissioner under this or any other Act of Parliament except
(a) the power to delegate under this section; and
(b) the powers, duties or functions set out in sections 63, 65 to 69 and 78.
Marginal note:Security requirements
71. The Commissioner and every person acting on behalf or under the direction of the Commissioner who receives or obtains information relating to any investigation under this Act shall, with respect to access to and the use of such information, satisfy any security requirements applicable to, and take any oath of secrecy required to be taken by, persons who normally have access to and use of such information.
72. Subject to this Act, the Commissioner and every person acting on behalf or under the direction of the Commissioner shall not disclose any information that comes to their knowledge in the performance of their duties and functions under this Act.
Marginal note:Disclosure authorized
73. The Commissioner may disclose or may authorize any person acting on behalf or under the direction of the Commissioner to disclose information
(a) that, in the opinion of the Commissioner, is necessary to carry out an investigation under this Act; or
(b) in the course of proceedings before the Federal Court under Part X or an appeal therefrom.
Marginal note:No summons
74. The Commissioner or any person acting on behalf or under the direction of the Commissioner is not a compellable witness, in respect of any matter coming to the knowledge of the Commissioner or that person as a result of performing any duties or functions under this Act during an investigation, in any proceedings other than proceedings before the Federal Court under Part X or an appeal therefrom.
- Date modified: