14. Each officer or employee employed by the Board under section 13 shall, before entering on his duties, take an oath of office and secrecy in the form set out in the schedule.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 13.
Marginal note:Temporary employees
15. The Board may
(a) employ such persons in positions other than in continuing positions in the plan approved under section 13 as may be required from time to time for the operations of the Board; and
(b) determine the remuneration and conditions of employment of those persons.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 14.
GOVERNMENT FILM COMMISSIONER
Marginal note:Appointment and salary
16. (1) There shall be a Government Film Commissioner who shall be appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Board and paid such salary as the Governor in Council may determine.
Marginal note:Term and tenure of office
(2) The Commissioner shall be appointed to hold office for a period not exceeding five years but may be removed from office for cause by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Board.
(3) On the expiration of the Commissioner’s term of office, the Commissioner is eligible to be re-appointed as Commissioner.
Marginal note:Absence, inability or vacancy in office of Commissioner
(4) If the Commissioner is absent or unable to carry out the Commissioner’s duties for any reason or the office of Commissioner is vacant, the Board may, subject to the approval of the Minister, appoint an acting Commissioner.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 15.
Marginal note:Commissioner is chief executive officer, to administer operations and exercise powers, of Board
17. (1) The Commissioner is the chief executive officer of the Board and is charged with the administration of the operations of the Board and may, subject to the by-laws of the Board, exercise all powers of the Board in the name of the Board.
Marginal note:Authority of officers and employees
(2) Subject to the by-laws of the Board, the Commissioner may authorize officers or employees of the Board to act on behalf of and in the name of the Board.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 16.
Marginal note:Annual budget
18. (1) The Board shall submit to the Minister an annual budget for each fiscal year showing the estimated revenues and expenditures of the Board for its operations during that fiscal year.
Marginal note:Accounts of Board
(2) The Board shall establish and maintain an accounting system satisfactory to the Minister and all books of account, records and papers of the Board shall at all times be open to the inspection of the Minister or such persons as the Minister may designate.
- R.S., c. N-7, s. 17.
- Date modified: