Marginal note:General or particular orders
18. Where the Board may make or issue any order or direction or prescribe any terms or conditions or do any other thing in relation to any person, the Board may do so, either generally or in any particular case or class of cases.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 18;
- 2007, c. 35, s. 152(E).
Marginal note:Conditional orders, etc.
19. (1) Without limiting the generality of any provision of this Act that authorizes the Board to impose terms and conditions in respect of a certificate, licence or order issued by the Board, the Board may direct in any certificate, licence or order that it or any portion or provision thereof shall come into force at a future time or on the happening of any contingency, event or condition specified in the certificate, licence or order or on the performance to the satisfaction of the Board of any conditions that the Board may impose in the certificate, licence or order, and the Board may direct that the whole or any portion of the certificate, licence or order shall have force for a limited time or until the happening of a specified event.
(1.1) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of an application for a certificate under Part III.
Marginal note:Interim orders
(2) The Board may, instead of making an order final in the first instance, make an interim order, and may reserve its decision pending further proceedings in connection with any matter.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 19;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 78.
Marginal note:Granting of relief may be partial
20. (1) On any application made to the Board, the Board may make a decision or order granting the whole or part only of the application, or may grant such further or other related relief, in addition to or in lieu of that applied for, as to the Board may seem just and proper, to the same extent as if the application had been for such partial or related relief.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of an application for a certificate under Part III.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 20;
- 1990, c. 7, s. 9(E);
- 2012, c. 19, s. 79.
Marginal note:Review, etc., of decisions and orders
21. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Board may review, vary or rescind any decision or order made by it or rehear any application before deciding it.
Marginal note:Variation of certificates, licences and permits
(2) The Board may vary a certificate, licence or permit but the variation of a certificate or licence is not effective until approved by the Governor in Council.
(3) This section does not apply to
(a) a decision, operating licence or authorization to which section 28.2 or 28.3 applies; or
(b) an approval of a development plan under section 5.1 of the Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 21;
- 1990, c. 7, s. 10;
- 1994, c. 10, s. 21.
- Date modified: