Marginal note:Mandatory orders
13. The Board may
(a) order and require any person to do, forthwith, or within or at any specified time and in any manner prescribed by the Board, any act, matter or thing that such person is or may be required to do under this Act, or any regulation, certificate, licence or permit, or any order or direction made or given under this Act; and
(b) forbid the doing or continuing of any act, matter or thing that is contrary to this Act or any such regulation, certificate, licence, permit, order or direction.
- R.S., c. N-6, s. 12.
Marginal note:Authorization regarding Board’s powers, duties and functions
14. (1) The Chairperson may authorize one or more members, either jointly or severally, to exercise any of the Board’s powers or to perform any of the Board’s duties and functions under this Act, except those under subsection 45(3), sections 46, 47, 48, 52 to 54, 56, 58, 58.11, 58.14, 58.16, 58.32, 58.35, 58.37 and 129 and under Parts IV, VI, VII and IX.
(2) Any power exercised or any duty or function performed by a member or members under the authorization is considered to have been exercised or performed by the Board.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 14;
- 1990, c. 7, s. 6;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 75.
Marginal note:Powers of members authorized to report
15. (1) The Chairperson may authorize one or more of the members to report to the Board on any question or matter arising in connection with the business of or any application or proceeding before the Board, and the member or members so authorized have all the powers of the Board for the purpose of taking evidence or acquiring the necessary information for the purpose of making the report and the recommendations contained in it as to the decision or order of the Board to be made on the question or matter.
Marginal note:Not a quorum
(1.1) Notwithstanding subsection 7(2) of this Act and paragraph 22(2)(a) of the Interpretation Act, three or more members authorized to report to the Board pursuant to subsection (1) do not constitute a quorum of the Board.
Marginal note:Board to deal with report
(2) When a report is made to the Board under subsection (1), it may be adopted as the decision or order of the Board or otherwise dealt with as the Board considers advisable.
Marginal note:Board may act on own motion
(3) The Board may of its own motion inquire into, hear and determine any matter or thing that under this Act it may inquire into, hear and determine.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 15;
- 1990, c. 7, s. 7;
- 2012, c. 19, ss. 76, 99(E).
- Date modified: