58.39 The Governor in Council may make regulations for carrying into effect the purposes and provisions of this Part, including regulations
(a) prescribing matters in respect of which terms and conditions of permits may be imposed;
(b) respecting the information to be furnished in connection with applications for permits;
(c) specifying considerations to which the Board shall have regard in deciding whether to recommend to the Minister that an international power line be designated by order of the Governor in Council under section 58.15; and
(d) prescribing the form of elections filed under section 58.23.
- 1990, c. 7, s. 23.
Interprovincial Power Lines
Marginal note:Where certificate required
58.4 (1) The Governor in Council may make orders
(a) designating an interprovincial power line as an interprovincial power line that is to be constructed and operated under and in accordance with a certificate issued under section 58.16; or
(b) specifying considerations to which the Board shall have regard in deciding whether to issue such a certificate.
(2) No person shall construct or operate any section or part of an interprovincial power line in respect of which an order made under subsection (1) is in force except under and in accordance with a certificate issued under section 58.16.
- 1990, c. 7, s. 23.
PART IVTRAFFIC, TOLLS AND TARIFFS
Definition of “tariff”
58.5 In this Part, “tariff” means a schedule of tolls, terms and conditions, classifications, practices or rules and regulations applicable to the provision of a service by a company and includes rules respecting the calculation of tolls.
- 1990, c. 7, s. 24.
Powers of Board
Marginal note:Regulation of traffic, etc.
59. The Board may make orders with respect to all matters relating to traffic, tolls or tariffs.
- R.S., c. N-6, s. 50.
Filing of Tariff
Marginal note:Tolls to be filed
60. (1) A company shall not charge any tolls except tolls that are
(a) specified in a tariff that has been filed with the Board and is in effect; or
(b) approved by an order of the Board.
(2) Where gas or a commodity other than oil transmitted by a company through its pipeline is the property of the company, the company shall file with the Board, on the making thereof, true copies of all the contracts it may make for the sale of the gas or commodity and of any amendments from time to time made thereto, and the true copies so filed are deemed, for the purposes of this Part, to constitute a tariff pursuant to subsection (1).
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 60;
- 1996, c. 10, s. 241.
- Date modified: