Marginal note:Error as to names
42. A pipeline may be made, carried or placed across, on or under the lands of a person on the located line, although, through error or any other cause, the name of that person has not been entered in the book of reference, or although some other person is erroneously mentioned as the owner or holder of an interest or right in the lands.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 42;
- 2004, c. 25, s. 149.
Duties of Registrars of Deeds
Marginal note:Registration of plans, etc.
43. (1) Every registrar of deeds shall receive and preserve in his office all plans, profiles, books of reference, certified copies thereof and other documents, required by this Act to be deposited with the registrar, and shall endorse thereon the day, hour and minute when they were so deposited.
(2) Any person may inspect the plans, profiles, books of reference, copies and documents deposited under subsection (1) and may make extracts therefrom and copies thereof as occasion requires.
Marginal note:Certified copies
(3) A registrar of deeds shall, at the request of any person, certify copies of any plan, profile, book of reference, certified copy thereof or other document deposited in the registrar’s office under this Act, or of such portions thereof as may be required, on being paid therefor at the rate of twenty cents for each hundred words copied, and such additional sum for any copy of plan or profile furnished by the registrar as is reasonable and customary in like cases, together with one dollar for each certification given by the registrar.
Marginal note:Certification of registrar
(4) The certification of the registrar of deeds shall set out that the plan, profile or document referred to in subsection (3), a copy of which, or any portion of which, is certified by the registrar, is deposited in the registrar’s office, and shall state the time when it was deposited, that the registrar has carefully compared the copy certified with the document on file and that it is a true copy of the original.
(5) A certified copy referred to in subsection (4) is evidence of the original deposited and is evidence that the original was deposited at the time stated and certified, and that it was signed, certified, attested or otherwise executed by the persons by whom and in the manner in which the original purports to be signed, certified, attested or executed, as shown or appearing by the certified copy, and, in the case of a plan, that the plan is prepared according to a scale and in a manner and form sanctioned by the Board.
- R.S., c. N-6, s. 34.
Marginal note:Further plans
44. In addition to the plans, profiles and books of reference elsewhere provided for in this Act, a company shall, with all reasonable expedition, prepare and deposit with the Board such further or other material, including plans, specifications and drawings with respect to any portion of its pipeline or works, as the Board may from time to time order or require.
- R.S., c. N-6, s. 35.
- Date modified: