Marginal note:Operation of pipeline
30. (1) No company shall operate a pipeline unless
(a) there is a certificate in force with respect to that pipeline; and
(b) leave has been given under this Part to the company to open the pipeline.
Marginal note:Compliance with conditions
(2) No company shall operate a pipeline otherwise than in accordance with the terms and conditions of the certificate issued with respect thereto.
- R.S., c. N-6, s. 26.
Location of Pipelines
Marginal note:Approval of Board
31. Except as otherwise provided in this Act, no company shall begin the construction of a section or part of a pipeline unless
(a) the Board has by the issue of a certificate granted the company leave to construct the line;
(b) the company has complied with all applicable terms and conditions to which the certificate is subject;
(c) the plan, profile and book of reference of the section or part of the proposed line have been approved by the Board; and
(d) copies of the plan, profile and book of reference so approved, duly certified as such by the Secretary, have been deposited in the offices of the registrars of deeds for the districts or counties through which the section or part of the pipeline is to pass.
- R.S., c. N-6, s. 27;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 116, s. 9.
Marginal note:Application for certificate
32. (1) On an application for a certificate, the company shall file with the Board a map in such detail as the Board may require showing the general location of the proposed line and such plans, specifications and information as the Board may require.
Marginal note:Notice to provincial attorney general
(2) The company shall file a copy of the application and of the map referred to in subsection (1) with the attorney general of each province to which the application relates in whole or in part, and the Board shall require notice of the application to be given by publication in newspapers or otherwise.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-7, s. 32;
- 1990, c. 7, s. 15.
Plan, Profile and Book of Reference
Marginal note:Plan, etc., of pipeline
33. (1) When the Board has issued a certificate, the company shall prepare and submit to the Board a plan, profile and book of reference of the pipeline.
(2) The plan and profile shall be drawn with such detail as the Board may require.
Marginal note:Description of lands
(3) The book of reference shall describe the portion of land proposed to be taken in each parcel of land to be traversed, giving the numbers of the parcels, and the area, length and width of the portion of each parcel to be taken, and the names of the owners and occupiers in so far as they can be ascertained.
Marginal note:Further information
(4) The plan, profile and book of reference shall be prepared to the satisfaction of the Board, and the Board may require the company to furnish any further or other information that the Board considers necessary.
- R.S., c. N-6, s. 29;
- R.S., c. 27(1st Supp.), s. 9.
- Date modified: