Carving Stone on Crown Lands
151. (1) On application by a designated Inuit organization that holds a permit or a lease for the quarrying of carving stone on Crown lands or by a person who has a mineral right granted by Her Majesty in right of Canada in relation to those lands, the Tribunal shall make an order resolving any conflict between the designated Inuit organization and that person respecting the mineral right and the rights flowing from the permit or lease.
Marginal note:Definition of “Crown lands”
(2) In this section, “Crown lands” means any lands in the Nunavut Settlement Area belonging to Her Majesty in right of Canada or of which the Government of Canada or the Government of Nunavut has power to dispose.
Division 5Wildlife Compensation
152. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Division.
« réclamant »
“claimant” means an Inuk or Inuit.
« entrepreneur »
“developer” means any person engaged in a development activity and includes, in the case of marine transportation as described in paragraph (c) of the definition “development activity”, the owner of a ship.
« activités de développement »
“development activity” means any of the following carried out on land or water in the Nunavut Settlement Area or in Zone I or Zone II, within the meaning assigned by section 1.1.1 of the Agreement:
(a) a commercial or industrial undertaking or any extension of the undertaking, provided it is not a marine transportation undertaking;
(b) a municipal, territorial, provincial or federal government undertaking or any extension of the undertaking, provided it is not a marine transportation undertaking; and
(c) marine transportation directly associated with an undertaking described in paragraph (a) or (b).
It does not include any wildlife measure or use approved in accordance with Article 5 of the Agreement.
« Inuk »
“Inuk” means an individual member of the group of persons referred to in the definition of “Inuit” in subsection 2(1).
(2) In this Division, “wildlife” does not include flora.
Marginal note:Definitions from Marine Liability Act
(3) For the purposes of the definition “developer” in subsection (1) and for the purposes of sections 153 and 154, the words “discharge”, “oil”, “owner” and “ship” have the same meaning as in section 91 of the Marine Liability Act.
- 2002, c. 10, s. 152;
- 2009, c. 21, s. 22.
- Date modified: