Marginal note:Notice of applications
23. (1) Subject to subsection (4), the Board shall give notice of each application made to it
(a) by publishing the application in a newspaper of general circulation in the area affected or, if there is not such a newspaper, in such other manner as the Board considers appropriate; and
(b) where an application is made in respect of a matter mentioned in any of paragraphs 21(2)(a) to (e), by publishing the application in the Canada Gazette.
Marginal note:Notice of public hearing
(2) Subject to subsection (4), the Board shall give notice of a public hearing to be held by it
(a) by publishing a notice in a newspaper of general circulation in the area affected or, if there is not such a newspaper, in such other manner as the Board considers appropriate, and
(b) by publishing a notice in the Canada Gazette,
and the day fixed for the public hearing shall be at least thirty-five days after the day on which the requirements of this subsection have been met.
Marginal note:Where public hearing not held
(3) Subject to subsection (4), where a public hearing is not held by the Board in connection with an application, the Board may not act on the application until at least ten days after the requirements of subsection (1) have been met.
Marginal note:Where subsections (1) to (3) do not apply
(4) Subsections (1) to (3) do not apply in respect of an application for the amendment of a licence where the Board, with the consent of the Minister, declares the amendment to be required on an emergency basis.
24. The Board may make rules respecting
(a) its sittings;
(b) with the approval of the Minister, its quorum;
(c) the procedure for making representations and complaints to it, the conduct of hearings before it, and generally the manner of conducting any business before it; and
(d) generally, the carrying on of its work, the management of its internal affairs, and the duties of the officers and employees and the professional and technical advisers provided to it by the Minister.
Marginal note:Public register
25. (1) The Board shall maintain at its main office a register, in the form prescribed by the regulations made under paragraph 33(1)(s) and convenient for use by the public, in which shall be entered, with respect to each application received by the Board and with respect to each licence, such information as is prescribed by those regulations.
Marginal note:Register to be open to inspection
(2) The register maintained pursuant to this section shall be open to inspection, during normal business hours of the Board, by any person on payment of a fee, if any, prescribed by the regulations made under subparagraph 33(1)(k)(iii).
Marginal note:Copies of contents of register
(3) The Board shall, on request and on payment of a fee, if any, fixed by the Board, make available copies of information contained in the register.
- Date modified: