Northern Pipeline Act
Marginal note:Commissioner’s lands
37. (1) Where the right to the beneficial use or the proceeds of lands in the Yukon Territory vested in Her Majesty in right of Canada is appropriated to the Commissioner of that Territory and the Governor in Council is of the opinion that those lands are required temporarily or otherwise for the construction, maintenance or operation of the pipeline including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, lands required for camps, roads and other related works, the Governor in Council may, after consultation with the Commissioner in Council, by order, transfer the administration of those lands to the Minister.
Marginal note:Company to provide plans of lands required
(2) Foothills Pipe Lines (South Yukon) Ltd. shall provide the Minister with a copy of all plans, profiles and books of reference certified by the designated officer pursuant to subsection 7(2) showing the lands in the Yukon Territory vested in Her Majesty in right of Canada that are required to permit construction of the pipeline.
Marginal note:Grant of easement to company
(3) Where Foothills Pipe Lines (South Yukon) Ltd. provides the Minister with a copy of the plans, profiles and books of reference referred to in subsection (2), the Governor in Council may authorize, on such terms and conditions as he considers appropriate, the grant of an easement to Foothills Pipe Lines (South Yukon) Ltd. for the construction of the pipeline and, on the giving of leave to open the last section or part of the pipeline by the Board and subject to subsection (4), for the purpose of the operation and maintenance thereof.
Marginal note:Company to file plan of survey
(4) Within two years after leave to open the last section or part of the pipeline has been given by the Board or such further period, not exceeding six months, as the Governor in Council may approve, Foothills Pipe Lines (South Yukon) Ltd. shall send to the Surveyor General at Ottawa a plan of survey under Part II of the Canada Lands Surveys Act, for confirmation by the Surveyor General under that Act, as an official plan in respect of lands in the Yukon Territory vested in Her Majesty in right of Canada required for the maintenance and operation of the pipeline.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 37;
- 1991, c. 50, s. 34;
- 1998, c. 14, s. 101(F).
- Date modified: