Northern Pipeline Act
Marginal note:Separate employer
12. (1) The Agency may employ such professional, scientific, technical and other officers and employees as it considers necessary for the purposes of this Act, fix their tenure of employment and their duties and, with the approval of the Treasury Board, fix and pay their remuneration.
Marginal note:Technical assistance
(2) The Agency may engage on a temporary basis the services of persons having technical or specialized knowledge to advise and assist the Agency in the performance of its duties and, with the approval of the Treasury Board, may fix and pay the remuneration and expenses of those persons.
Marginal note:Public Service Superannuation Act
(3) Each person employed under subsection (1) is deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
Marginal note:Application of other Acts
(4) Each person employed under subsection (1) is deemed to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
Marginal note:Secondment and advice and assistance
(5) The Governor in Council may, on the request of the Minister, direct any department or agency of the Government of Canada to second to the Agency, for specified periods, officers and employees necessary for the proper conduct of the work of the Agency and the Agency may, subject to any provisions relating to privileged information in any other Act, obtain the advice and assistance of any department or agency of the Government of Canada.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 12;
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 224(E), 225(E).
- Date modified: