Marginal note:Powers of designated officer
22. (1) The designated officer may, with the concurrence of the Minister, issue such orders and directions to the companies and grant such approvals to them as may be necessary to carry out the terms and conditions set out in Schedule III.
Marginal note:Deemed undertakings
(2) Every undertaking given by Foothills Pipe Lines (Yukon) Ltd., the Alberta Gas Trunk Line (Canada) Limited, Westcoast Transmission Company Limited and Alberta Natural Gas Company Ltd. and in the submission of the Alberta Gas Trunk Line Company Limited to the Board, as amended during the Hearing, is deemed to be
(a) an undertaking of every company in so far as the undertaking relates to the company and to the portion of the route indicated in the Agreement in respect of that company; and
(b) a term or condition set out in Schedule III.
- 1977-78, c. 20, s. 21.
Marginal note:Publication and report
23. A direction issued by the Governor in Council under subsection 20(1) or (2) or an approval under subsection 21(4) shall be published forthwith in the Canada Gazette and the Minister shall cause a copy of the direction or approval to be laid before Parliament on any of the first fifteen days that either House of Parliament is sitting after the direction or approval is given.
- 1977-78, c. 20, s. 22.
Marginal note:Decision or order final
24. (1) A decision or order of the Board in relation to the pipeline is valid and effective, final and conclusive and, except as provided in subsection (2), no such decision or order or any proceeding of the Board resulting in the issue of such a decision or order is subject to any proceeding by way of appeal or review in any court or to be questioned, enjoined, prohibited, removed, restrained, set aside or otherwise affected by any such proceeding.
Marginal note:Judicial review
(2) Where a person is directly affected by a decision or order of the Board in relation to the pipeline, that person may apply for a review of the decision or order under the Federal Courts Act by filing a notice of the application in the Federal Court of Appeal within thirty days after the decision or order is made or within such further time as the Court or a judge thereof may, either before or after the expiration of those thirty days, fix or allow.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 24;
- 1990, c. 8, s. 59;
- 2002, c. 8, s. 182.
Marginal note:Native claims unaffected
25. Notwithstanding this Act, any native claim, right, title or interest that the native people of Canada may have had prior to April 13, 1978 in and to the land on which the pipeline will be situated continues to exist until a settlement in respect of any such claim, right, title or interest is effected.
- 1977-78, c. 20, s. 23.1.
- Date modified: