Marginal note:Appointment of President
5. (1) The President of the Council shall be appointed to hold office for such term, not exceeding five years, as the Governor in Council may determine.
Marginal note:Other members
(2) Each of the members of the Council, other than the President, shall be appointed to hold office for such term, not exceeding three years, as will ensure as far as possible the expiration in any one year of the terms of appointment of fewer than half of the members so appointed.
Marginal note:Eligibility for re-appointment
(3) A retiring President or other member is eligible for re-appointment to the Council in the same or another capacity.
- 1976-77, c. 24, s. 28.
6. (1) The Council may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, elect one of its members to be Vice-President of the Council.
Marginal note:Powers of Vice-President
(2) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the President or if the office of President is vacant, the Vice-President has all the powers of the President.
- 1976-77, c. 24, s. 29.
Marginal note:Salary and expenses of President
7. (1) The President shall be paid such salary and expenses as are fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses
(2) The members of the Council, other than the President, shall serve without remuneration but each of those members is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and other expenses incurred by the member while absent from his ordinary place of residence in the course of his duties under this Act.
Marginal note:Remuneration of members for additional duties
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2), a member of the Council, other than the President, may, for any period during which the member performs with the approval of the Council any duties on behalf of the Council in addition to the ordinary duties of the member as such, be paid such remuneration therefor as may be authorized by the Council.
- 1976-77, c. 24, s. 30.
Marginal note:Head office
8. The head office of the Council shall be at such place in Canada as may be designated by the Governor in Council.
- 1976-77, c. 24, s. 31.
9. The Council may meet at such times and at such places in Canada as it considers necessary but it shall meet at least twice a year.
- 1976-77, c. 24, s. 32.
- Date modified: