Marginal note:Recovery of fines
43. Where a person is convicted of an offence under section 41 and the fine that is imposed is not paid when required, the prosecutor may, by filing the conviction, enter as a judgment the amount of the fine and costs, if any, in a superior court of the province in which the trial was held, and the judgment is enforceable against the person in the same manner as if it were a judgment rendered against the person in that court in civil proceedings.
44. For the purposes of this Part, each union is deemed to be a person.
45. Nothing in this Part applies in respect of any collective agreement entered into after January 1, 1995 and before the coming into force of this Part.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
46. This Part and Schedule II shall come into force on the expiration of the twelfth hour after the time at which this Act is assented to.
VIA RAIL CANADA INC.
47. (1) In this Part,
« convention collective »
“collective agreement” means a collective agreement between the employer and a union that expired on December 31, 1993, and includes any related arrangements between the employer and the union concerning terms and conditions of employment or benefits related to employment;
« commission »
“Commission” means a Mediation-Arbitration Commission established under this Part;
« employé »
“employee” means a person who is employed by the employer and is a member of a bargaining unit represented by a union;
« employeur »
“employer” means Via Rail Canada Inc.;
« ministre »
“Minister” means the Minister of Labour;
« syndicat »
“union” means a trade union named in Schedule III.
Marginal note:Words and expressions
(2) Unless otherwise provided, words and expressions used in this Part have the same meaning as in Part I of the Canada Labour Code.
- Date modified: