Material Incorporated in Regulations
Marginal note:Incorporated material
92. (1) A regulation may incorporate by reference the following material:
(a) material produced by a person or body other than the Governor in Council;
(b) material referred to in paragraph (a) that has been subsequently adapted or edited in order to facilitate its incorporation for the purposes of the regulation;
(c) material that has been developed jointly with another government or government agency for the purpose of harmonizing the regulation with other laws; and
(d) material that is technical or explanatory in nature, such as specifications, classifications, illustrations or graphs, as well as examples that may assist in the application of the regulation.
Marginal note:Incorporated material — instructions
(1.1) An instruction given by the Minister or the Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development under this Act may incorporate by reference any material, regardless of its source.
Marginal note:Amended from time to time
(2) Material may be incorporated by reference on a specified date or as amended from time to time.
Marginal note:Incorporated material is not a regulation
(3) For greater certainty, material that is incorporated by reference in a regulation made under this Act is not a regulation for the purposes of the Statutory Instruments Act.
- 2001, c. 27, s. 92;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 708;
- 2013, c. 33, s. 164.
Marginal note:Statutory Instruments Act
93. Instructions given by the Minister or the Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development under this Act and guidelines issued by the Chairperson under paragraph 159(1)(h) are not statutory instruments for the purposes of the Statutory Instruments Act.
- 2001, c. 27, s. 93;
- 2013, c. 33, s. 165.
Report to Parliament
Marginal note:Annual report to Parliament
94. (1) The Minister must, on or before November 1 of each year or, if a House of Parliament is not then sitting, within the next 30 days on which that House is sitting after that date, table in each House of Parliament a report on the operation of this Act in the preceding calendar year.
Marginal note:Contents of report
(2) The report shall include a description of
(a) the instructions given under section 87.3 and other activities and initiatives taken concerning the selection of foreign nationals, including measures taken in cooperation with the provinces;
(b) in respect of Canada, the number of foreign nationals who became permanent residents, and the number projected to become permanent residents in the following year;
(b.1) in respect of Canada, the linguistic profile of foreign nationals who became permanent residents;
(c) in respect of each province that has entered into a federal-provincial agreement described in subsection 9(1), the number, for each class listed in the agreement, of persons that became permanent residents and that the province projects will become permanent residents there in the following year;
(d) the number of temporary resident permits issued under section 24, categorized according to grounds of inadmissibility, if any;
(e) the number of persons granted permanent resident status under each of subsections 25(1), 25.1(1) and 25.2(1);
(e.1) any instructions given under subsection 30(1.2), (1.41) or (1.43) during the year in question and the date of their publication; and
(f) a gender-based analysis of the impact of this Act.
- 2001, c. 27, s. 94;
- 2008, c. 28, s. 119;
- 2010, c. 8, s. 9;
- 2012, c. 1, s. 207;
- 2013, c. 33, s. 166.
- Date modified: