Marginal note:Minister of Justice
61.1 The Minister of Justice is responsible for this Act, and the powers of the Governor in Council to make regulations under this Act, with the exception of section 29, are exercisable on the recommendation of that Minister.
- 1998, c. 9, s. 32.
62. (1) This Part and Parts I and II do not apply to or in respect of any superannuation or pension fund or plan established by an Act of Parliament enacted before March 1, 1978.
Marginal note:Review of Acts referred to in subsection (1)
(2) The Commission shall keep under review those Acts of Parliament enacted before March 1, 1978 by which any superannuation or pension fund or plan is established and, where the Commission deems it to be appropriate, it may include in a report mentioned in section 61 reference to and comment on any provision of any of those Acts that in its opinion is inconsistent with the principle described in section 2.
- 1976-77, c. 33, s. 48.
Marginal note:Application in the territories
63. Where a complaint under this Part relates to an act or omission that occurred in Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut, it may not be dealt with under this Part unless the act or omission could be the subject of a complaint under this Part had it occurred in a province.
- R.S., 1985, c. H-6, s. 63;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 127.
Marginal note:Canadian Forces and Royal Canadian Mounted Police
64. For the purposes of this Part and Parts I and II, members of the Canadian Forces and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police are deemed to be employed by the Crown.
- 1976-77, c. 33, s. 48.
Marginal note:Acts of employees, etc.
65. (1) Subject to subsection (2), any act or omission committed by an officer, a director, an employee or an agent of any person, association or organization in the course of the employment of the officer, director, employee or agent shall, for the purposes of this Act, be deemed to be an act or omission committed by that person, association or organization.
(2) An act or omission shall not, by virtue of subsection (1), be deemed to be an act or omission committed by a person, association or organization if it is established that the person, association or organization did not consent to the commission of the act or omission and exercised all due diligence to prevent the act or omission from being committed and, subsequently, to mitigate or avoid the effect thereof.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 143, s. 23.
- Date modified: