NO OTHER CLAIMS AGAINST CROWN
Marginal note:No claim against Her Majesty
12. Where an accident happens to an employee in the course of his employment under such circumstances as entitle him or his dependants to compensation under this Act, neither the employee nor any dependant of the employee has any claim against Her Majesty, or any officer, servant or agent of Her Majesty, other than for compensation under this Act.
- R.S., c. G-8, s. 8.
13. Subject to the approval of the Governor in Council, the Minister may make regulations for determining, for the purposes of this Act, the place where an employee is usually employed, and generally for carrying the purposes and provisions of this Act into effect.
- R.S., c. G-8, s. 10.
Marginal note:Employer contribution
14. The Minister may require any company, corporation, commission, board or agency, the employees of which are subject to this Act,
(a) to pay such percentage of payroll or such other rate or specific sum as the Minister may deem sufficient to pay the compensation during the current year in respect of injuries to those employees;
(b) to pay such proportion of the expenses of administering this Act as the Minister may determine; and
(c) to maintain a reserve fund to pay the compensation payable in future years in respect of claims of those employees arising under this Act.
- R.S., c. G-8, s. 11.
Marginal note:Death of employee at place other than that of employment
15. Where the death of an employee results from an accident arising out of and in the course of his employment at a place other than the place where the employee is usually employed and the reasonable additional expenses incurred by reason of the death occurring at that other place exceed the amount of compensation to which the employee’s dependants are entitled for those expenses under this Act, there may be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund such sum as the Minister, with the approval of the Treasury Board, deems necessary to pay any portion of the excess.
- R.S., c. G-8, s. 12.
Marginal note:Accident prevention activities and safety program
16. The Minister may promote and encourage accident prevention activities and safety programs among persons employed in the federal public administration.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-5, s. 16;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: