Federal Courts Act
Marginal note:Who may administer oath, affidavit or affirmation
54. (1) All persons authorized to take and receive affidavits to be used in any of the superior courts of a province may administer oaths and take and receive affidavits, declarations and solemn affirmations in that province to be used in the Court.
Marginal note:Person empowered by commission
(2) The Governor in Council may, by commission, empower such person as the Governor in Council thinks necessary, within or outside Canada, to administer oaths and to take and receive affidavits, declarations and solemn affirmations in or concerning any proceeding had or to be had in the Court.
Marginal note:Oath, affidavit or affirmation as valid as if taken before the Court
(3) Every oath, affidavit, declaration or solemn affirmation taken or made pursuant to this section is as valid and of the same effect, to all intents, as if it had been administered, taken, sworn, made or affirmed before the Court.
Marginal note:Style of commissioner
(4) Every commissioner empowered under subsection (2) shall be styled a commissioner for administering oaths in the Federal Court of Canada.
- R.S., c. 10(2nd Supp.), s. 54.
- Date modified: