Federal Courts Act
13. (1) The Governor in Council may appoint a sheriff of the Court for any geographical area.
Marginal note:Ex officio sheriffs
(2) Where no sheriff is appointed under subsection (1) for a geographical area, the sheriff and deputy sheriffs of the county or other judicial division or part thereof within that geographical area who are appointed under provincial law are ex officio sheriff and deputy sheriffs of the Court.
Marginal note:Deputy sheriff
(3) The Rules may provide for the appointment of deputy sheriffs.
(4) Every sheriff of the Court is ex officio a marshal of the Court and every deputy sheriff of the Court is ex officio a deputy marshal of the Court.
- R.S., c. 10(2nd Supp.), s. 13.
- Date modified: