Petroleum Compensation Accounting
86. (1) The Minister may make expenditures out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund for the payment of the following amounts:
(a) the amounts required to be refunded or paid to a person under Part V; and
(b) the amounts payable pursuant to this Division as or on account of compensation or an agreement referred to in section 85.
(2) In addition to any amount appropriated by Parliament for any of the purposes mentioned in subsection (1), the Minister may spend, for the purposes mentioned in that subsection,
(a) any amount received in respect of such portion of the oil export charge payable under Part I as may be designated by order of the Governor in Council to be for the purposes of paying compensation under this Part; and
(b) any amount received in respect of any charge payable under Part V.
(3) In addition to any amount appropriated by Parliament for the purposes mentioned in subsection (1), there is hereby appropriated for those purposes in respect of each fiscal year the sum of five hundred million dollars.
Marginal note:Limit on expenditures
(4) The aggregate of expenditures made in any fiscal year under this section shall not exceed the aggregate of
(a) amounts received in that fiscal year in respect of the portion of the oil export charge designated pursuant to paragraph (2)(a);
(b) amounts received in that fiscal year in respect of any charge payable under Part V;
(c) the sum referred to in subsection (3); and
(d) such additional amount, if any, as is appropriated by Parliament for any of the purposes mentioned in subsection (1) for that fiscal year.
(5) Within three months after the end of each fiscal year, the Minister shall cause to be prepared a report in respect of that year of all revenues and expenditures referred to in this section and shall cause the report to be laid before Parliament on any of the first fifteen days that either House of Parliament sits after the report has been prepared.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 77;
- 1977-78, c. 24, s. 5;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 114, s. 42.
Petroleum Supplies Transfer Compensation
87. In this Division,
« Office »
“Board” means the Minister or such agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada as may be designated by the Minister to be charged with the administration of the compensation program under this Division;
« pétrole »
“petroleum” means any hydrocarbon or mixture of hydrocarbons other than gas and includes any petroleum product;
« produit pétrolier »
“petroleum product” means a product that is designated as a petroleum product by regulations under section 94;
« fournisseur »
“supplier” means a person who deals in petroleum and pays the costs of transporting oil in bulk quantities.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 80;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 114, s. 43.
- Date modified: