Marginal note:Binding on Her Majesty
3. This Act is binding on Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 3.
PART IOIL EXPORT CHARGES
4. (1) In this Part,
« exporter »
(a) subject to paragraph (b), where oil is transported by pipeline, to deliver it at its point of delivery outside Canada,
(b) where oil is transported by pipeline from the offshore area as defined in section 20, to deliver it at its point of delivery outside that area and Canada, and
(c) where oil is transported by any other means, to send it
(i) from Canada other than to export it within the meaning of subsection 16(1), or
(ii) to a place outside Canada from the offshore area as defined in section 20;
« exportateur »
“exporter” means a person holding a licence;
« licence »
“licence” means a licence or other authorization issued under Part VI of the National Energy Board Act permitting the export of oil under that Act.
Marginal note:Calculation for pipeline traffic
(2) For the purpose of calculating the number of cubic metres of oil exported at any place by pipeline during a period in which a specified charge applies to that exportation, the period shall be deemed to commence at seven o’clock local time in the forenoon of the day on which that charge is imposed and to end at seven o’clock local time in the forenoon of the day on which the charge is varied.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 4;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 114, s. 4.
Marginal note:Charge on oil
5. (1) There shall be imposed, levied and collected on each cubic metre of oil exported in any month or part of a month a charge in such amount not exceeding three hundred and fifty dollars per cubic metre as may be prescribed in a tariff of charges for that month or part of a month made by order of the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister and the Minister of Finance.
Marginal note:Tariff of charges
(2) A tariff of charges on oil may set out the charge applicable in respect of any or all of the various kinds or qualities of oil, oil from any source, any or all destinations for oil and such other factors or circumstances as are specified in the tariff.
Marginal note:Tariff continues
(3) Where a tariff of charges on oil is prescribed in respect of any month or part of a month under subsection (1), that tariff of charges shall continue in respect of each subsequent month until changed pursuant to subsection (1) by order of the Governor in Council in respect of a subsequent month or part of a month.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 7;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 114, s. 5.
- Date modified: