Marginal note:Hours of insurable employment and earnings before 1997
160. For the purpose of calculating after 1996 how many hours of insurable employment and the amount of insurable earnings a claimant has under this Act, other than Part VIII, insurable employment and insurable earnings occurring
(a) before June 30, 1996 shall be determined in accordance with the former Act; and
(b) on or after June 30, 1996 but before January 5, 1997 shall be determined in accordance with this Act, as it applies on June 30, 1996.
161. All matters relating to the payment of premiums under the former Act shall be dealt with under that Act.
162. [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 2192]
Marginal note:Estimated insurable earnings for 1996-97
163. (1) For the purposes of section 78, the Commission’s estimate of the insurable earnings of all insured persons in the fiscal year 1996-97 shall be published in the Canada Gazette if it is not set out in the Main Estimates tabled in Parliament for that year.
Marginal note:Plan for 1996-97
(2) The plan mentioned in section 79 shall be published in the Canada Gazette for the fiscal year 1996-97 if it is not included in the Main Estimates tabled in Parliament for that year.
Marginal note:Powers and functions
164. (1) The powers or functions of any person under the former Act shall be exercised or performed by the person who exercises the corresponding powers or performs the corresponding functions under this Act.
Marginal note:Boards of referees, etc.
(2) Boards of referees, panels, chairpersons, umpires and the chief umpire established, appointed or designated under the former Act continue as if they had been established, appointed or designated under this Act.
Marginal note:Waivers and agreements
165. Waivers and agreements made under paragraph 4(1)(d) of the former Act and in effect when that Act is repealed continue in effect as though they had been made under paragraph 5(4)(d) of this Act.
166. [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 2193]
167. The Commission may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, make regulations providing for any other transitional matters, including regulations
(a) providing for the transition from weeks of insurable employment to hours of insurable employment, or from any other basis to another under Part VIII; and
(b) for establishing requirements to qualify to receive benefits, the duration of entitlement to benefits, benefit rates and disentitlement or disqualification from receiving benefits.
- Date modified: