Marginal note:Forecasts and estimates
77.1 (1) On or before June 22 in a year,
(a) the Minister of Finance shall
(i) forecast the amount to be credited to the Employment Insurance Operating Account under sections 73 to 75 during the year,
(ii) forecast the amount to be charged, during the year, to that Account under subsection 77(1) based on, among other things, information provided by the Minister, and
(iii) estimate the total, at December 31 of the immediately preceding year, of the amounts credited to that Account; and
(b) the Minister shall estimate the total, at December 31 of the immediately preceding year, of the amounts charged to that Account.
(2) to (6) [Repealed, 2012, c. 31, s. 440]
- 2008, c. 28, s. 130;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 2205;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 614, c. 31, s. 440.
Marginal note:Maximum amount that may be paid under Part II
78. The total amount that may be paid out by the Commission under section 61 and paragraph 63(a) and charged to the Employment Insurance Operating Account under this Part in a fiscal year must not exceed 0.8% of the insurable earnings of all insured persons from which the prescribed amount is deducted under subsection 82(1) in that year as or on account of employee’s premiums, as estimated by the Commission and set out in the Main Estimates tabled in Parliament.
- 1996, c. 23, s. 78;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 2194.
79. The Minister shall, with the concurrence of the Minister of Finance,
(a) submit to the Treasury Board for approval a plan for each fiscal year estimating the amounts to be paid for that year under Part II; and
(b) have the plan included in the Main Estimates tabled in Parliament for the fiscal year.
80. [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 2188]
Marginal note:Regulations — payment of interest
80.1 (1) The Commission may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, make regulations respecting the payment of interest on amounts owing to Her Majesty under this Act, other than Parts IV and VII, including regulations prescribing
(a) rates of interest, or the manner of calculating rates of interest, payable;
(b) terms and conditions for the imposition and payment of interest; and
(c) terms and conditions under which the Commission may waive, reduce or write off the interest payable.
Marginal note:Debt due to Her Majesty
(2) Interest payable under this section is a debt due to Her Majesty and may be recovered in the Federal Court or any other court of competent jurisdiction or in any other manner provided by this Act, including the manner in which an amount owing under Part I may be recovered under subsection 47(2) or section 126.
(3) No interest due under this section may be recovered more than 72 months after the day on which the liability to pay it arose.
Marginal note:Exclusion of Financial Administration Act
(4) Section 155.1 of the Financial Administration Act does not apply in relation to amounts owing to Her Majesty under this Act, other than Parts IV and VII.
- Date modified: