44. Before the Governor in Council issues or continues a declaration of a war emergency, the lieutenant governor in council of each province shall be consulted with respect to the proposed action to the extent that, in the opinion of the Governor in Council, it is appropriate and practicable to do so in the circumstances.
Effect of Expiration or Revocation
Marginal note:Effect of expiration of declaration
45. (1) Where, pursuant to this Act, a declaration of a war emergency expires, all orders and regulations made pursuant to the declaration expire on the day on which the declaration expires.
Marginal note:Effect of revocation of declaration
(2) Where, pursuant to this Act, a declaration of a war emergency is revoked, all orders and regulations made pursuant to the declaration are revoked effective on the revocation of the declaration.
Marginal note:Effect of revocation of continuation
(3) Where, pursuant to this Act, a proclamation continuing a declaration of a war emergency is revoked after the time the declaration would, but for the proclamation, have otherwise expired, the declaration and all orders and regulations made pursuant to the declaration are revoked effective on the revocation of the proclamation.
46. In this Part,
« indemnisation »
“compensation” means compensation under subsection 48(1);
« État »
“Crown” means Her Majesty in right of Canada;
« ministre »
“Minister” means such member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada as is designated by the Governor in Council as the Minister for the purposes of this Part.
Marginal note:Protection from personal liability
47. (1) No action or other proceeding for damages lies or shall be instituted against a Minister, servant or agent of the Crown, including any person providing services pursuant to an order or regulation made under subsection 8(1), 19(1), 30(1) or 40(1), for or in respect of any thing done or omitted to be done, or purported to be done or omitted to be done, in good faith under any of Parts I to IV or any proclamation, order or regulation issued or made thereunder.
Marginal note:Crown not relieved of liability
(2) Subsection (1) does not relieve the Crown of liability for the acts or omissions described therein and the Crown is liable under the Crown Liability Act or any other law as if that subsection had not been enacted.
- Date modified: