Marginal note:Crown liable to pay compensation as though no defence of statutory authority
43. Compensation shall be paid by the Crown to each person by whom any actual loss or damage is sustained by reason of the exercise of any power under this Part, equal to the amount of any such loss or damage for which the Crown would be liable to that person if the power had not been exercised under the authority of a statute.
- R.S., c. 16(1st Supp.), s. 40.
Marginal note:Appointment of trustee, etc., to act for persons under disability
44. (1) The Court may, when a trustee, guardian or tutor, curator, or someone else representing any person who is incapable or any other persons including issue unborn is unable or unwilling to act on their behalf or where any such person or persons including issue unborn are not so represented, after any notice that the Court may direct, appoint a trustee, guardian or tutor, curator, or other representative to act on their behalf for the purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:Protection of beneficiaries
(2) The Court in making any appointment under subsection (1) may give such directions with respect to the disposal, application or investment of any compensation payable under this Act as it deems necessary to secure the interests of all persons having a claim thereto.
Marginal note:Contract, etc., binding
(3) Any contract, agreement, release or receipt made or given by any person appointed under subsection (1) and any instrument or act of transfer made or given in pursuance of the contract or agreement is binding for all purposes on the person by whom and any person or persons including issue unborn on behalf of whom the contract, agreement, release or receipt is made or given.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-21, s. 44;
- 2011, c. 21, s. 152.
- Date modified: