Marginal note:Auditor — eligibility
377. (1) Only the following are eligible to be an auditor for a registered party or an eligible party:
(a) a person who is a member in good standing of a corporation, an association or an institute of professional accountants; or
(b) a partnership of which every partner is a member in good standing of a corporation, an association or an institute of professional accountants.
Marginal note:Auditor — ineligible persons
(2) The following persons are not eligible to be an auditor:
(a) an election officer or a member of the staff of a returning officer;
(b) a candidate;
(b.1) an officer of a registered party or an eligible party;
(c) an official agent of a candidate;
(d) a chief agent of a registered party or an eligible party;
(e) a registered agent of a registered party;
(f) electoral district agents of registered associations;
(g) leadership contestants and their leadership campaign agents;
(h) nomination contestants and their financial agents; and
(i) financial agents of registered third parties.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 377;
- 2003, c. 19, s. 11;
- 2004, c. 24, s. 8.
378. A registered party and an eligible party shall obtain from its officers, chief agent and auditor, on appointment, their signed consent to act.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 378;
- 2004, c. 24, s. 9.
Marginal note:Death, incapacity, resignation or revocation
379. (1) In the event of the death, incapacity, resignation or revocation of the appointment of its chief agent or auditor, a registered party or eligible party shall without delay appoint a replacement.
Marginal note:Report of appointment
(2) Within 30 days after the appointment of a replacement under subsection (1), a registered party or eligible party shall inform the Chief Electoral Officer of it by providing a report under subsection 382(1).
Marginal note:Only one chief agent and auditor
380. A registered party or eligible party shall have only one chief agent and one auditor at a time.
Marginal note:Minimum number of members
380.1 A registered party and an eligible party shall have at least 250 members who are electors.
- 2004, c. 24, s. 10.
- Date modified: