Marginal note:Requirement before administering oath
169.1 If a person chooses to prove his or her identity and residence by taking the prescribed oath, the person who administers the oath shall, before doing so, orally advise the oath taker of the qualifications for electors.
- 2007, c. 21, s. 31.
Marginal note:List deemed to be modified
170. When a registration certificate is completed and signed in accordance with subsection 169(3), the list of electors is deemed to have been modified in accordance with the certificate.
Marginal note:Conduct of advance polls
171. (1) Except as provided in this Part, an advance poll shall be conducted in the same manner as the manner in which the vote at a polling station on polling day is conducted and shall be regarded as such for all purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:When advance polls to be open
(2) An advance poll shall only be open between the hours of noon and 8:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Monday, the 10th, 9th and 7th days, respectively, before polling day.
Marginal note:Notice of advance poll
172. Each returning officer shall, not later than Saturday, the 16th day before polling day,
(a) give a notice, in the prescribed form, in the electoral district of the advance poll, that sets out the following information:
(i) the numbers of the polling divisions in every advance polling district established by the returning officer,
(ii) the location of each advance polling station,
(iii) the place where the deputy returning officer of each advance polling station shall count the number of votes cast at the advance polling station, and
(iv) that the counting of the votes cast shall take place on polling day as soon after the close of the polling stations as possible; and
(b) send two copies of the notice to each candidate and to the Chief Electoral Officer.
Marginal note:Who may vote at advance polls
173. (1) An elector whose name is on the revised list of electors for a polling division in an advance polling district may vote at the advance polling station established for the advance polling district.
Marginal note:Elector not on the revised list
(2) An elector whose name is not on the revised list of electors may not vote at an advance polling station unless
(a) the deputy returning officer has ascertained with the returning officer that the elector is listed on the preliminary list of electors or was registered during the revision period; or
(b) the elector has obtained a registration certificate in accordance with subsection 169(3).
Marginal note:Procedure by poll clerk
(3) If an elector whose name does not appear on the revised list of electors has voted, the poll clerk shall indicate on the prescribed form that the elector has voted in accordance with subsection (2).
- 2000, c. 9, s. 173;
- 2007, c. 21, s. 32.
- Date modified: