Marginal note:Updating financial reporting documents
455. (1) After the four-month period referred to in subsection 451(4), the candidate’s official agent shall provide the Chief Electoral Officer with an updated version of any document referred to in subsection 451(1) that relates to a claim involving
(a) an extended period of recoverability under subsection 444(3) because of the death of a claimant;
(b) an authorization to pay under section 447;
(c) an order to pay under section 448; or
(d) a disputed claim under section 449.
Marginal note:When no update for audit required
(2) If the matters dealt with in the updated versions of the documents have been subject to an audit under section 453, an updated version of the auditor’s report need not be provided.
Marginal note:Period for providing update
(3) The candidate’s official agent shall provide an updated version of a document referred to in subsection (1) within 30 days after making a payment that is dealt with in the updated version.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 455;
- 2004, c. 24, s. 19.
Marginal note:Statement of personal expenses
456. (1) A candidate shall, within three months after polling day, send to his or her official agent a written statement in the prescribed form that
(a) sets out the amount of any personal expenses that he or she paid and details of those personal expenses, including documentation of their payment; or
(b) declares that he or she did not pay for any personal expenses.
Marginal note:Death of candidate
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a candidate who dies without having sent the written statement referred to in that subsection before the end of the three-month period mentioned in it.
Corrections and Extended Reporting Periods
Marginal note:Minor corrections — Chief Electoral Officer
457. (1) The Chief Electoral Officer may correct a document referred to in subsection 451(1) or 455(1), if the correction does not materially affect its substance.
Marginal note:Corrections at request of Chief Electoral Officer
(2) The Chief Electoral Officer may in writing request the candidate or his or her official agent to correct, within a specified period, a document referred to in subsection 451(1) or 455(1).
Marginal note:Extension or correction — Chief Electoral Officer
458. (1) The Chief Electoral Officer, on the written application of a candidate or his or her official agent, may authorize
(a) the extension of a period provided in subsection 451(4) or 455(3); or
(b) the correction, within a specified period, of a document referred to in subsection 451(1) or updated document referred to in subsection 455(1).
(2) An application may be made
(a) under paragraph (1)(a), within the period provided in subsection 451(4) or 455(3), as the case may be; and
(b) under paragraph (1)(b), as soon as the applicant becomes aware of the need for correction.
(3) The Chief Electoral Officer may not authorize an extension or correction unless he or she is satisfied by the evidence submitted by the applicant that the circumstances giving rise to the application arose by reason of
(a) the illness of the applicant;
(b) the absence, death, illness or misconduct of the official agent or a predecessor;
(c) the absence, death, illness or misconduct of an agent, a clerk or an officer of the official agent, or a predecessor of one of them; or
(d) inadvertence or an honest mistake of fact.
- Date modified: