Inflation Adjustment Factor
Marginal note:Inflation adjustment factor
414. Before April 1 in each year, the Chief Electoral Officer shall cause to be published in the Canada Gazette an inflation adjustment factor that shall be in effect for a period of one year beginning on that date. It shall be a fraction with
(a) a numerator that is the annual average Consumer Price Index, as published by Statistics Canada under the authority of the Statistics Act, for the calendar year immediately before that date, calculated on the basis of 1992 being equal to 100; and
(b) a denominator that is 108.6, which is the annual average Consumer Price Index, as published by Statistics Canada under the authority of the Statistics Act, for 1998, calculated on the basis of 1992 being equal to 100.
Division 3Financial Administration of Registered Parties
Marginal note:Duty of chief agent
415. The chief agent of a registered party is responsible for administering its financial transactions and for reporting on them, in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
Marginal note:Prohibition — paying expenses
416. (1) No person or entity, other than the chief agent of a registered party or one of its registered agents or a person authorized under subsection 411(1), shall pay the registered party’s expenses.
Marginal note:Prohibition — incurring expenses
(2) No person or entity, other than the chief agent of a registered party or one of its registered agents, shall incur the registered party’s expenses.
Marginal note:Prohibition — accepting contributions
(3) No person or entity, other than a registered agent of a registered party, shall accept contributions to the registered party.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 416;
- 2003, c. 19, s. 31.
Processing of Expense Claims
Marginal note:Three months to send expense claims
417. (1) A person with a claim to be paid for an expense of a registered party shall, within three months after the expense was incurred, send the invoice or other document evidencing the claim to the registered party or one of its registered agents.
Marginal note:Bar to recovery
(2) A claimant is barred from recovery of a claim that is sent after the three-month period.
Marginal note:Deceased claimant
(3) If a claimant dies before the end of the three-month period, a new three-month period begins, for the purposes of subsection (1), on the day on which the claimant’s legal representative becomes entitled to act for the claimant.
Marginal note:Payment within six months
418. A claim that has been sent in accordance with section 417 must be paid within six months after payment of it is due.
- Date modified: