Marginal note:No review
62. A re-determination or further re-determination under section 60 or 61 is not subject to be restrained, prohibited, removed, set aside or otherwise dealt with except to the extent and in the manner provided by section 67.
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (2nd Supp.), s. 62;
- 1992, c. 28, s. 14;
- 1993, c. 44, s. 93;
- 1997, c. 36, s. 166.
63. and 64. [Repealed, 1997, c. 36, s. 166]
Marginal note:Payment or refund
65. (1) If a re-determination or further re-determination is made under paragraph 60(4)(a) or 61(1)(a) or (c) in respect of goods, such persons who are given notice of the decision as may be prescribed shall, in accordance with the decision,
(a) pay any additional amount owing as duties in respect of the goods or, where an appeal is taken under section 67, give security satisfactory to the Minister in respect of that amount and any interest owing or that may become owing on that amount; or
(b) be given a refund of any duties and interest paid (other than interest that was paid by reason of duties not being paid in accordance with subsection 32(5) or section 33) in excess of the duties and interest owing in respect of the goods.
Marginal note:Amount owing or refund payable immediately
(2) Any amount owing by or to a person under subsection (1) or 66(3) of this Act or as a result of a determination or re-determination under the Special Import Measures Act in respect of goods, other than an amount in respect of which security is given, is payable immediately, whether or not an appeal is taken under section 67 of this Act or subsection 61(1) of that Act.
(3) [Repealed, 1997, c. 36, s. 167]
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (2nd Supp.), s. 65;
- 1992, c. 28, s. 16;
- 1993, c. 44, s. 96(E);
- 1997, c. 36, s. 167;
- 2001, c. 25, s. 45.
Marginal note:Refund to person other than payer
65.1 (1) If a person (in this subsection referred to as the “applicant”) to whom notice of a decision under subsection 59(1) or paragraph 60(4)(a) or 61(1)(a) or (c) was given would be entitled under paragraph 59(3)(b) or 65(1)(b) to a refund of an amount if the applicant had been the person who paid the amount, the amount may be paid to the applicant and any amount so paid to the applicant is deemed to have been refunded to the applicant under that paragraph.
Marginal note:Effect of refund
(2) If an amount in respect of goods has been refunded to a person under paragraph 59(3)(b) or 65(1)(b), no other person is entitled to a refund of an amount in respect of the goods under either of those paragraphs.
Marginal note:Exception — marking determinations
(3) This section does not apply to a marking determination.
- 1992, c. 28, s. 17;
- 1997, c. 36, s. 168;
- 2001, c. 25, s. 46.
- Date modified: