Marginal note:Tied sale
165. Every one commits an offence who refuses to sell or supply to any other person copies of any publication for the reason only that the other person refuses to purchase or acquire from him copies of any other publication that the other person is apprehensive may be obscene or a crime comic.
- R.S., c. C-34, s. 161.
166. [Repealed, 1994, c. 44, s. 9]
Marginal note:Immoral theatrical performance
167. (1) Every one commits an offence who, being the lessee, manager, agent or person in charge of a theatre, presents or gives or allows to be presented or given therein an immoral, indecent or obscene performance, entertainment or representation.
Marginal note:Person taking part
(2) Every one commits an offence who takes part or appears as an actor, a performer or an assistant in any capacity, in an immoral, indecent or obscene performance, entertainment or representation in a theatre.
- R.S., c. C-34, s. 163.
Marginal note:Mailing obscene matter
168. (1) Every one commits an offence who makes use of the mails for the purpose of transmitting or delivering anything that is obscene, indecent, immoral or scurrilous.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person who
(a) prints or publishes any matter for use in connection with any judicial proceedings or communicates it to persons who are concerned in the proceedings;
(b) prints or publishes a notice or report under the direction of a court; or
(c) prints or publishes any matter
(i) in a volume or part of a genuine series of law reports that does not form part of any other publication and consists solely of reports of proceedings in courts of law, or
(ii) in a publication of a technical character that is intended, in good faith, for circulation among members of the legal or medical profession.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 168;
- 1999, c. 5, s. 2.
169. Every one who commits an offence under section 163, 165, 167 or 168 is guilty of
(a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or
(b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 169;
- 1999, c. 5, s. 3.
Marginal note:Parent or guardian procuring sexual activity
170. Every parent or guardian of a person under the age of eighteen years who procures the person for the purpose of engaging in any sexual activity prohibited by this Act with a person other than the parent or guardian is guilty of an indictable offence and liable
(a) to imprisonment for a term of not more than 10 years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of one year if the person procured is under the age of 16 years; or
(b) to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of six months if the person procured is 16 years of age or more but under the age of 18 years.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 170;
- R.S., 1985, c. 19 (3rd Supp.), s. 5;
- 2005, c. 32, s. 9.1;
- 2008, c. 6, s. 54;
- 2012, c. 1, s. 19.
- Date modified: