Marginal note:Where signatory of document unable to write
201. Where, under this Act or any regulation or by-law made thereunder, a document is required to be signed by a person and that person is unable to write, that person’s mark shall constitute his signature if
(a) the mark is affixed to the document in the presence of a witness who is able to write; and
(b) the witness affixes his signature to the document beside the mark of the person for whom he is acting as witness.
Marginal note:Commissioners of oaths
202. (1) In addition to any person authorized to act as a commissioner of oaths under the laws of Canada or of the Province, the chief of a band and the band secretary are ex officio commissioners of oaths for the purposes of this Act and any regulation or by-law made thereunder.
Marginal note:No fee permitted
(2) The chief and band secretary shall not charge any fee or other compensation whatsoever for acting as a commissioner of oaths pursuant to subsection (1).
Marginal note:Certified copies of documents
203. (1) A band secretary may issue certified copies of any by-law or resolution of the band or of any other document issued under the authority of the band.
(2) A band treasurer may issue certified copies of all or any part of the books of account and financial records of the band.
Marginal note:Admissibility of certified copies
(3) In every case in which an original document could be received in evidence, a certified copy of that document issued under subsection (1) is receivable in evidence without proof of the signature or the official character of the person or persons appearing to have signed the document.
CONSEQUENTIAL AMENDMENTS TO OTHER ACTS
204. to 217. [Amendments to other Acts]
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Act, except sections 36 and 157 to 172, in force July 3, 1984, sections 36 and 157 to 172 in force December 1, 1984, see SI/84-129.]
- Date modified: