PART XIICREE-NASKAPI COMMISSION
157. In this Part,
« Commission »
“Commission” means the Cree-Naskapi Commission established by section 158;
« commissaire »
“member” means a member of the Commission;
“representation”Version anglaise seulement
“representation” includes a complaint.
Marginal note:Cree-Naskapi Commission established
158. (1) There shall be a commission, to be known as the Cree-Naskapi Commission, consisting of a maximum of three individuals appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Cree Regional Authority and the Naskapi band.
(2) The Governor in Council shall designate one member of the Commission as Chairman.
159. A council member, officer, employee or agent of a band is not eligible to be appointed or to continue to serve as a member of the Commission.
Marginal note:Term of office
160. (1) Except as provided by subsection (3), a member shall be appointed for a term of two years.
(2) A member may be removed for cause.
(3) Where a member dies or resigns or is removed for cause, a new member shall be appointed for the duration of the unexpired term of the former member.
Marginal note:Eligibility for re-appointment
(4) A member is eligible for re-appointment on the expiration of his term of office.
Marginal note:Temporary substitute member
(5) Where a member is absent or incapacitated, the Governor in Council may, on the recommendation of the Cree Regional Authority and the Naskapi band, appoint a temporary substitute member on such terms as are fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Remuneration of members
(6) Members of the Commission shall be paid such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Head office
161. The head office of the Commission shall be in the City of Val d’Or in the Province or at such other place as the Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Cree Regional Authority and the Naskapi band, may designate.
- Date modified: