Marginal note:Exemption by Minister
56. The Minister may, on such terms and conditions as the Minister deems necessary, exempt any person or class of persons or any controlled substance or precursor or any class thereof from the application of all or any of the provisions of this Act or the regulations if, in the opinion of the Minister, the exemption is necessary for a medical or scientific purpose or is otherwise in the public interest.
Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions of Minister or Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
57. The Minister’s powers, duties or functions under this Act or the regulations — and those of the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness under the regulations — may be exercised or performed by any person designated, or any person occupying a position designated, for that purpose by the relevant Minister.
- 1996, c. 19, s. 57;
- 2005, c. 10, s. 16.
Marginal note:Paramountcy of this Act and the regulations
58. In the case of any inconsistency or conflict between this Act or the regulations made under it, and the Food and Drugs Act or the regulations made under that Act, this Act and the regulations made under it prevail to the extent of the inconsistency or conflict.
Marginal note:Offence of making false or deceptive statements
59. No person shall knowingly make, or participate in, assent to or acquiesce in the making of, a false or misleading statement in any book, record, return or other document however recorded, required to be maintained, made or furnished pursuant to this Act or the regulations.
Amendments to Schedules
60. The Governor in Council may, by order, amend any of Schedules I to VIII by adding to them or deleting from them any item or portion of an item, where the Governor in Council deems the amendment to be necessary in the public interest.
TRANSITIONAL PROVISIONS, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CONDITIONAL AMENDMENTS, REPEAL AND COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:References to prior enactments
61. Any reference in a designation by the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness under Part VI of the Criminal Code to an offence contrary to the Narcotic Control Act or Part III or IV of the Food and Drugs Act or any conspiracy or attempt to commit or being an accessory after the fact or any counselling in relation to such an offence shall be deemed to be a reference to an offence contrary to section 5 (trafficking), 6 (importing and exporting) or 7 (production) of this Act, as the case may be, or a conspiracy or attempt to commit or being an accessory after the fact or any counselling in relation to such an offence.
- 1996, c. 19, s. 61;
- 2001, c. 32, s. 56;
- 2005, c. 10, s. 34.
- Date modified: