Marginal note:Recovery of fines
94. Where a person is convicted of an offence under this Act and the fine that is imposed is not paid when required, the prosecutor may, by filing the conviction, enter as a judgment the amount of the fine and costs, if any, in a superior court of the province in which the trial was held, and the judgment is enforceable against the person in the same manner as if it were a judgment rendered against the person in that court in civil proceedings.
Marginal note:Certificate as evidence
95. If in any proceedings under this Act a question arises as to
(a) whether an asset is a designated civil air navigation services asset,
(b) whether civil air navigation services were provided by the Department of Transport before the transfer date, or
(c) the amount of any charge that was imposed immediately before the transfer date for the provision of civil air navigation services by the Minister,
a certificate purporting to have been issued by or under the authority of the Minister stating any fact relevant to the question shall be received and is admissible in evidence in those proceedings without proof of the signature or authority of the person appearing to have signed it and, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, is proof of the fact so stated.
Marginal note:Official Languages Act applies
Authority to Provide Services
Marginal note:Authority to provide services
97. Where a department in, or other portion of, the federal public administration specified in Schedule I, IV or V to the Financial Administration Act is authorized to provide services to any other department in, or other portion of, the federal public administration specified in one of those Schedules, it may enter into an agreement to provide those services to the Corporation if it considers it appropriate to do so.
- 1996, c. 20, s. 97;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 151.
Marginal note:Transition period payments
98. (1) The Minister may enter into an agreement with the Corporation regarding transition period payments by Her Majesty in right of Canada to the Corporation collateral to the transfer, by sale, lease or otherwise, authorized by section 7.
(2) There is hereby appropriated the sum of $1,440,000,000 to be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund from time to time as required for the purposes of subsection (1).
(3) The appropriation referred to in subsection (2) lapses two years after the transfer date.
- Date modified: