9. (1) The President is the Chairperson of the Governing Council.
(2) The Governing Council shall elect one of its members to be a Vice-Chairperson.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(3) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson or if the office of the Chairperson is vacant, the Vice-Chairperson has and may exercise all the powers and perform all the duties and functions of the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Establishing committees
10. (1) The Governing Council
(a) may establish by by-law an executive committee and other committees of the Governing Council; and
(b) shall establish by by-law one or more standing committees to advise the Governing Council with respect to the full range of health research, and in particular for the purposes of paragraphs 4(d) and (e).
(2) A by-law establishing a committee, other than an executive committee, may provide for the committee’s membership to include persons who are not members of the Governing Council.
(3) The members of a committee who are not members of the Governing Council may be paid for their services the fees that are fixed by the Governor in Council.
11. The Governing Council may meet at the times and at the places in Canada that it considers necessary, but it shall meet at least twice a year.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
12. The President
(a) shall be paid the remuneration that may be fixed by the Governor in Council;
(b) is deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act and is deemed to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and the regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act; and
(c) is entitled to be reimbursed for reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by the President in the course of performing the President’s duties while absent from the President’s ordinary place of work.
- 2000, c. 6, s. 12;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 138(E).
Marginal note:Members of the Council
13. Each appointed member of the Governing Council
(a) shall be paid the fees that may be fixed by the Governor in Council for attendance at meetings of the Governing Council or any of its committees or for the performance of other duties;
(c) is entitled to be reimbursed for reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by the member in the course of performing their duties while absent from their ordinary place of residence.
- 2000, c. 6, s. 13;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
- Date modified: