Marginal note:Secretary, officers and employees
19. The Secretary of the Agency and the other officers and employees that are necessary for the proper conduct of the business of the Agency shall be appointed in accordance with the Public Service Employment Act.
Marginal note:Technical experts
20. The Agency may appoint and, subject to any applicable Treasury Board directive, fix the remuneration of experts or persons who have technical or special knowledge to assist the Agency in an advisory capacity in respect of any matter before the Agency.
Marginal note:Duties of Secretary
21. (1) The Secretary of the Agency shall
(a) maintain a record in which shall be entered a true copy of every rule, order, decision and regulation of the Agency and any other documents that the Agency requires to be entered in it; and
(b) keep at the Agency’s office a copy of all rules, orders, decisions and regulations of the Agency and the records of proceedings of the Agency.
Marginal note:Entries in record
(2) The entry of a document in the record referred to in paragraph (1)(a) shall constitute the original record of the document.
Marginal note:Copies of documents obtainable
22. On the application of any person, and on payment of a fee fixed by the Agency, the Secretary of the Agency or, in the absence of the Secretary, the person assigned by the Chairperson to act in the absence shall issue under the seal of the Agency to the applicant a certified copy of any rule, order, regulation or any other document that has been issued by the Agency.
Marginal note:Judicial notice of documents
23. (1) Judicial notice shall be taken of a document issued by the Agency under its seal without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed it.
Marginal note:Evidence of deposited documents
(2) A document purporting to be certified by the Secretary of the Agency as being a true copy of a document deposited or filed with or approved by the Agency, or any portion of such a document, is evidence that the document is so deposited, filed or approved and, if stated in the certificate, of the time when the document was deposited, filed or approved.
Powers of Agency
Marginal note:Policy governs Agency
24. The powers, duties and functions of the Agency respecting any matter that comes within its jurisdiction under an Act of Parliament shall be exercised and performed in conformity with any policy direction issued to the Agency under section 43.
Marginal note:Agency powers in general
25. The Agency has, with respect to all matters necessary or proper for the exercise of its jurisdiction, the attendance and examination of witnesses, the production and inspection of documents, the enforcement of its orders or regulations and the entry on and inspection of property, all the powers, rights and privileges that are vested in a superior court.
- Date modified: