Marginal note:Inquiry into licensing matters
81. For the purposes of ensuring compliance with this Part, the Agency may inquire into any matter for which a licence, permit or other document is required under this Part.
Marginal note:Licensee to provide notification
82. Every licensee shall notify the Agency without delay, in writing, if
(a) the liability insurance coverage in respect of the air service for which the licence is issued is cancelled or is altered in a manner that results in the failure by the licensee to have the prescribed liability insurance coverage for that service;
(b) the licensee’s operations change in a manner that results in the failure by the licensee to have the prescribed liability insurance coverage for that service; or
(c) any change occurs that affects, or is likely to affect, the licensee’s status as a Canadian.
Marginal note:Disclosure of information required
83. A licensee shall, at the request of the Agency, provide the Agency with information or documents available to the licensee that relate to any complaint under review or any investigation being conducted by the Agency under this Part.
Marginal note:Notification of agent required
84. (1) A licensee who has an agent in Canada shall, in writing, provide the Agency with the agent’s name and address.
Marginal note:Appointment and notice of agent
(2) A licensee who does not have a place of business or an agent in Canada shall appoint an agent who has a place of business in Canada and, in writing, provide the Agency with the agent’s name and address.
Marginal note:Notice of change of address
85. Where the address of a licensee’s principal place of business in Canada or the name or address of the licensee’s agent in Canada is changed, the licensee shall notify the Agency in writing of the change without delay.
Air Travel Complaints
Marginal note:Review and mediation
85.1 (1) If a person has made a complaint under any provision of this Part, the Agency, or a person authorized to act on the Agency’s behalf, shall review and may attempt to resolve the complaint and may, if appropriate, mediate or arrange for mediation of the complaint.
(2) The Agency or a person authorized to act on the Agency’s behalf shall report to the parties outlining their positions regarding the complaint and any resolution of the complaint.
Marginal note:Complaint not resolved
(3) If the complaint is not resolved under this section to the complainant’s satisfaction, the complainant may request the Agency to deal with the complaint in accordance with the provisions of this Part under which the complaint has been made.
Marginal note:Further proceedings
(4) A member of the Agency or any person authorized to act on the Agency’s behalf who has been involved in attempting to resolve or mediate the complaint under this section may not act in any further proceedings before the Agency in respect of the complaint.
Marginal note:Extension of time
(5) The period of 120 days referred to in subsection 29(1) shall be extended by the period taken by the Agency or any person authorized to act on the Agency’s behalf to review and attempt to resolve or mediate the complaint under this section.
Marginal note:Part of annual report
(6) The Agency shall, as part of its annual report, indicate the number and nature of the complaints filed under this Part, the names of the carriers against whom the complaints were made, the manner complaints were dealt with and the systemic trends observed.
- 2000, c. 15, s. 7.1;
- 2007, c. 19, s. 25.
- Date modified: