Marginal note:Non-application of fares, etc.
68. (1) Sections 66 to 67.2 do not apply in respect of fares, rates or charges applicable to a domestic service provided for under a contract between a holder of a domestic licence and another person whereby the parties to the contract agree to keep its provisions confidential.
Marginal note:Non-application of terms and conditions
(1.1) Sections 66 to 67.2 do not apply in respect of terms and conditions of carriage applicable to a domestic service provided for under a contract referred to in subsection (1) to which an employer is a party and that relates to travel by its employees.
Marginal note:Provisions regarding exclusive use of services
(2) The parties to the contract shall not include in it provisions with respect to the exclusive use by the other person of a domestic service operated by the holder of the domestic licence between two points in accordance with a published timetable or on a regular basis, unless the contract is for all or a significant portion of the capacity of a flight or a series of flights.
Marginal note:Retention of contract required
(3) The holder of a domestic licence who is a party to the contract shall retain a copy of it for a period of not less than three years after it has ceased to have effect and, on request made within that period, shall provide a copy of it to the Agency.
- 1996, c. 10, s. 68;
- 2000, c. 15, s. 7;
- 2007, c. 19, s. 23.
Licence for Scheduled International Service
Marginal note:Issue of licence
69. (1) On application to the Agency and on payment of the specified fee, the Agency shall issue a licence to operate a scheduled international service to the applicant if
(a) the applicant establishes in the application to the satisfaction of the Agency that the applicant
(i) is, pursuant to subsection (2) or (3), eligible to hold the licence,
(ii) holds a Canadian aviation document in respect of the service to be provided under the licence,
(iii) has the prescribed liability insurance coverage in respect of the service to be provided under the licence, and
(iv) where the applicant is a Canadian, meets the prescribed financial requirements; and
(b) the Agency is satisfied that the applicant has not contravened section 59 in respect of the service to be provided under the licence within the preceding twelve months.
Marginal note:Eligibility of Canadians
(2) The Minister may, in writing, designate any Canadian as eligible to hold a scheduled international licence. That Canadian remains eligible while the designation remains in force.
Marginal note:Eligibility of non-Canadians
(3) A non-Canadian is eligible to hold a scheduled international licence if the non-Canadian
(a) has been designated by a foreign government or an agent of a foreign government to operate an air service under the terms of an agreement or arrangement between that government and the Government of Canada; and
(b) holds, in respect of the air service, a document issued by a foreign government or agent that, in respect of the service to be provided under the document, is equivalent to a scheduled international licence.
- 1996, c. 10, s. 69;
- 2013, c. 31, s. 6.
- Date modified: