Marginal note:Mandatory suspension or cancellation
63. (1) The Agency shall suspend or cancel the domestic licence of a person where the Agency determines that, in respect of the service for which the licence was issued, the person ceases to meet any of the requirements of subparagraphs 61(a)(i) to (iii).
Marginal note:Discretionary suspension or cancellation
(2) The Agency may suspend or cancel a domestic licence
(a) where the Agency determines that, in respect of the service for which the domestic licence was issued, the licensee has contravened, or does not meet the requirements of, any regulation or order made under this Part or any provision of this Part other than subparagraphs 61(a)(i) to (iii); or
(b) subject to section 64, in accordance with a request from the licensee for the suspension or cancellation.
Marginal note:Reinstatement condition
(3) The Agency shall not reinstate a domestic licence that has been suspended for sixty days or longer unless the licensee establishes to the satisfaction of the Agency that the person meets the prescribed financial requirements.
Marginal note:Notice of discontinuance or reduction of certain services
64. (1) Where a licensee proposes to discontinue a domestic service or to reduce the frequency of such a service to a point to less than one flight per week and, as a result of the proposed discontinuance or reduction, there will be only one licensee or no licensee offering at least one flight per week to that point, the licensee shall give notice of the proposal in prescribed form and manner to such persons as are prescribed.
Marginal note:Notice of discontinuance of certain services
(1.1) If a licensee proposes to discontinue its year-round non-stop scheduled air service between two points in Canada and that discontinuance would result in a reduction, as compared to the week before the proposal is to take effect, of at least 50% of the weekly passenger-carrying capacity of all licensees operating year-round non-stop scheduled air services between those two points, the licensee shall give notice of the proposal in the prescribed form and manner to the prescribed persons.
Marginal note:Discussion with elected officials
(1.2) A licensee shall, as soon as practicable, provide an opportunity for elected officials of the municipal or local government of the community of the point or points, as the case may be, to meet and discuss with the licensee the impact of the proposed discontinuance or reduction.
Marginal note:Notice period
(2) A licensee shall not implement a proposal referred to in subsection (1) or (1.1) until the expiry of 120 days, or 30 days if the service referred to in that subsection has been in operation for less than one year, after the notice is given or until the expiry of any shorter period that the Agency may, on application by the licensee, specify by order.
Marginal note:Considerations re whether exemption to be granted
(3) In considering whether to specify a shorter period under subsection (2), the Agency shall have regard to
(a) the adequacy of alternative modes of public transportation available at or in the vicinity of the point referred to in subsection (1) or between the points referred to in subsection (1.1);
(b) other means by which air service to the point or between the points is or is likely to be provided;
(c) whether the licensee has complied with subsection (1.2); and
(d) the particular circumstances of the licensee.
Marginal note:Definition of “non-stop scheduled air service”
(4) In this section, “non-stop scheduled air service” means an air service operated between two points without any stops in accordance with a published timetable or on a regular basis.
- 1996, c. 10, s. 64;
- 2000, c. 15, s. 3;
- 2007, c. 19, s. 17.
- Date modified: