Report of Agency
Marginal note:Agency’s report
42. (1) Each year the Agency shall, before the end of July, make a report on its activities for the preceding year and submit it, through the Minister, to the Governor in Council describing briefly, in respect of that year,
(a) applications to the Agency and the findings on them; and
(b) the findings of the Agency in regard to any matter or thing respecting which the Agency has acted on the request of the Minister.
Marginal note:Assessment of Act
(2) The Agency shall include in every report referred to in subsection (1) the Agency’s assessment of the operation of this Act and any difficulties observed in the administration of this Act.
Marginal note:Tabling of report
(3) The Minister shall have a copy of each report made under this section laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first thirty days on which that House is sitting after the Minister receives it.
- 1996, c. 10, s. 42;
- 2013, c. 31, s. 2.
Governor in Council
Directions to Agency
Marginal note:Policy directions
43. (1) The Governor in Council may, at the request of the Agency or of the Governor in Council’s own motion, issue policy directions to the Agency concerning any matter that comes within the jurisdiction of the Agency and every such direction shall be carried out by the Agency under the Act of Parliament that establishes the powers, duties and functions of the Agency in relation to the subject-matter of the direction.
Marginal note:Limitation on directions
(2) A direction issued under subsection (1) shall not affect a matter that is before the Agency on the date of the direction and that relates to a particular person.
Marginal note:Delay of binding effect
44. A direction issued under section 43 is not binding on the Agency until the expiration of the thirtieth sitting day of Parliament after the direction has been laid before both Houses of Parliament by or on behalf of the Minister, unless the direction has been previously laid before both Houses of Parliament in proposed form by or on behalf of the Minister and thirty sitting days of Parliament have expired after the proposed direction was laid.
Marginal note:Referral to committee
45. Where a direction referred to in section 43 is issued or a proposed direction referred to in section 44 is laid before a House of Parliament, it shall be referred without delay by that House to the committee of that House that it considers appropriate to deal with the subject-matter of the direction or proposed direction.
Marginal note:Consultation required
46. Before a direction referred to in section 43 is issued or a proposed direction referred to in section 44 is laid before a House of Parliament, the Minister shall consult with the Agency with respect to the nature and subject-matter of the direction or proposed direction.
- Date modified: